At Church Hill School, we aim to foster a life-long love of learning, through adopting a highly practical and cross-curricular approach to learning. This means that subjects are integrated so that they link together. For example a specific topic may be used to teach aspects of the English, Science and Design Technology curriculum.
Our Curriculum aims to deliver a twenty first century education that will equip our children with the skills required to be an independent and responsible citizen.
We aim to deliver this through:
- Developing children’s skills as effective, powerful learners
- Developing a sense of community and belonging, contributing to our community through direct interaction – making links with local organisations
- Equipping children with skills for life, through practical work
- Providing opportunities for children to extend their learning inside and outside of the classroom
- We emphasise the use of the outdoor learning environment to enrich learning
- Making learning more meaningful, through putting it into context
- Holding a flexible timetabling approach to make space for true depth of study
- Establishing cross-curricular links to foster a broader understanding
- Working through topics that engage children
- Involving the children in the planning and the direction the learning takes